Businesses of all sizes have been affected in countless ways during the development of the Covid-19 pandemic, needing to adapt to how they generate revenue to stay operational.
In terms of accelerated digitization of consumers, as of June 3, 2020, there is an average 23% increase in digital transactions on the part of both users who already made digital transactions as well as people who had never done them before, according to COVID- 19 Commerce Insight.
This publication presents recommendations for small and medium-sized companies (as well as for large brands), seeking to reduce the economic impact and find ways to resume their stability and growth.
This will require a change of “adaptive” mentality that represents flexibility, reasoning, and analysis, together with the drive to create different solutions without losing the purpose of marketing management that is to solve current and potential problems of our clients.
In parallel, it is necessary to ensure the operation of brand exposure and communication platforms, products, and services tied to functional service, logistics, and user experience processes.
Adapt locations with visible and relevant safety processes.
- Integrate low or no contact technology with people, means of payment, and products.
- Provide implements that reduce customer contact.
- Adapt schedules, offers, and services to the availability and specific needs of users in compliance with government regulations.
Creation of processes and alternatives of purchase and contact in digital media:
- Align logistics and delivery compliance processes through data intelligence technology and the use of machine learning.
- Management of analytics and information for decision-making in current situations, opportunities, correlations, and projections.
- Update contact information, services, and products in social network profiles.
- Enable messaging and service channels with a transactional and service approach.
- Simple online store.
- Manage location in GoogleMyBusiness.
Transmit Closeness, Convenience, And Solidarity
- Consider that since we do not have a relevant physical contact at points of sale, we must make an effort and invest in making each interaction with the customer (digital, delivery, experience) as close as possible.
- Generate convenience for users, counting on availability, advance alerts, personalized suggestions, and a great facility to generate service contacts or transactions.
Promote business indirect and digital media:
- Communicate solutions, advice, best practices, and benefits before the sale, the sale options will be integrated into the content later.
- Dissemination of services and products focused on pages and profiles of social networks.
- Adapt direct sales processes of consumer products to end customers through optimal services and platforms.
- Manage organic and paid search strategies in marketplaces and leading online sales platforms according to target group and category.
Activate digital advertising campaigns:
Clear segmentation of users in desired location and type of offer (by clicks, impressions, actions), first for desktop devices (which are the ones that are increasing the most in use) and then, of course, for mobile devices.
Identifying keywords related to the current needs of users based on Google Trends and terms currently used based on context.
Update keywords and terms on a daily or weekly basis, including negative terms and based on the terms used by our customers to find us.
By optimizing web pages targeted by our ads, first in content, and then in mobile-friendly technology and display, relevance is more important than ever.
- Creating relevant content for different types of uses in campaigns segmented by user profiles, consumption profiles, channels, or specific videos, being relevant to users.
- Optimizing the message so that it is shocking in the first 5 seconds of the video.
- Including remarketing targeting options to show videos to those who have visited our website from search engines, Google advertising campaigns, or social networks (ideally by type of content visited).
- Seeding cookies (putting together remarketing lists) for subsequent and sequential campaigns.
Facebook / instagram:
- Showing the human side of our brand, making use of spokespersons, staff, and leaders communicating messages.
- Including publications with products integrated into them (Instagram Shopping).
- Segmented to users based on specific and non-massive profiles and preferences (taking care to have audiences of up to 200,000 people per ad group).
- Optimizing through remarketing to impact users who have interacted with our profiles, ads, web pages, or specific videos along with customer lists, prospects, and others in a segmented and personalized way.
- Through remarketing first and then based on what our type of clients are communicating.
- Applying segmentation based on followers similar to those of specific profiles.
- Generating relevant content to be shared.
- Sending really segmented newsletters and only with relevant content, being timely, and avoiding Spam.
- Opening and managing customer service, communication, and direct service channels through messaging platforms already used and preferred by consumers. (Whatsapp, Messenger, SMS, Zoom, Teams, others).
- Omnichannel strategy reducing friction and reinforcing convenience and ease in users.
- The exploitation of culture, focus, and tools focused on the client to achieve efficient acquisition with recurring purchase and recommendation to increase the value of the life of clients.
- Alliances and agreements that allow to management offering in the platform model.
Change is a necessity that cannot wait any longer; the impact caused by the pandemic accelerates the urgency with which objectives, plans, and business models must be adapted to maintain brands in the market and manage their growth.…